There is a vastly experienced team behind this idea. The team consists of:
- Festival Director: Sheila O’Reilly. A book industry professional for over 35 years, Sheila owned award winning bookshops in South London. She was a member of Booksellers Association Management Council and is now a business mentor for independent bookshops on behalf of the BA.
- Peter McKay. A publishing professional of over 40 years, Peter worked at board level for Thomson Reuters, Elsevier and latterly the CEO of The Publishing Training Centre for seven years.
- Camilla Dinkel, owner of The Dingle Bookshop and founder of Ponc Press. A resident on the Dingle Peninsula for over 20 years, Camilla is a fluent Irish speaker.
- Siobhán Prendergast. A publishing professional for 30 years, she founded her own company, Dingle Publishing Services five years ago. Siobhán is a fluent Irish speaker and a well-known figure on the Peninsula.
- Nicholas McLachlan is a writer and teacher of poetry and fiction. For fifteen years from 1995-2010 he was director of Dingle Writing Courses.
- Debbi Lewang is a Certified Public Accountant who specialises in not-for-profit accounting. She holds a Master’s of Not-for-Profit Leadership degree from Seattle University. She has worked for various arts organisations including the Seattle Art Museum and the Pacific Northwest Ballet.
- Deanna O’Connor is an award-winning magazine editor who now freelances for corporate clients, working from the inspiring office space at Dingle Creativity and Innovation Hub. She also writes regularly for the Sunday Business Post. She is the founder of The Speak Up Club, a social enterprise working to empower women as leaders in business and the community.
- Mia Colleran is an award-winning bookseller and writer who has worked at numerous book festivals. She was a Press Officer at Hay Festival 2019 and reviews books for The Irish Times. Mia is a fluent Irish speaker. In 2019 Mia was a winner of James Patterson’s Young Bookseller Special Achievement Award.
- Irene Ní Fhlannúra is a Nutritional Therapist and owns Ré Nua Natural Health and Wellness centre in Dingle. She writes for magazines about nutrition, health and wellbeing and has been a feature writer for West & Mid Kerry Live Magazine for over 10 years.